I remember we had to deal with some groups that wanted to disrupt the Kenya elections; they were trying to hide here and we had to arrest them before the elections
* Tanzanian President Jakaya Kikwete disclosing for the first time, that his country foiled a terrorist attack against KenyaFor a long time, we have been reactive to security issues, new department is designed to help pre-empt security threats and thwart them before they occur
* Senate Majority Leader Kithure Kindiki discussing the National Emergency Security Bill which he has proposed to place all security operations under one roofSince 2009, 17 rangers have so far been relieved of their duties on suspicion of colluding with poachers
* Judy Wakhungu, Wildlife and Forestry Cabinet secretary, commenting on the wanton killing of elephants and rhinos“Are we now like Nigeria and Kenya where you have to reach into your pocket to get anything done?”
* Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe decrying the depth of corruption in his country
I will participate in the London Marathon. I will run to make a difference. I will run … for the elimination of HIV transmission from mother to child. I will run to raise funds to increase access to better health care through mobile clinics that will bring services closer to Kenyans. I will run to keep mothers and newborns alive.
* First Lady Margaret Kenytta announcing her intent to compete in the London Marathon. She completed the 42-km course in 07:05:28 hoursThe decision by the government to streamline the business registration procedure and rid the register of fake and dishonest entrepreneurs is welcome
* Business Daily, applauding move by government to restructure the issuance of business licences.